Method of Administration for Cats:
Squeeze the pipette gently and apply the entire contents directly to the cat’s skin. The product should be applied in one spot (cats up to 6,25 kg body weight) or two spots (cats weighing more than 6,25 kg body weight). If two spots are needed, the first spot should be applied at the base of the skull and the second one between the shoulder blades.
It is important to deliver the solution onto an area that cannot be easily licked by the cat. As cats are fastidious groomers, they may inadvertently ingest product if easily reached. Ingestion may cause adverse reactions, and will remove product from the coat. If multiple cats are treated and may mutually groom, it is recommended that cats are separated while product dries.
- Handle with caution.
- For cats, safety has not been established during pregnancy and lactation. Use only according to the benefit/risk assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
- Do not use in the case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Parasites need to start feeding on the host to become exposed to fluralaner; therefore the risk of the transmission of parasite-borne diseases cannot be excluded, but is reduced by the speed of efficacy.
- Care should be taken to avoid contact with the eyes of the animal.
- Do not use directly on skin lesions.
- Dogs can be washed/shampooed 3 days after treatment.
- Safety in puppies less than 8 weeks old and/or dogs weighing less than 2 kg has not been established.
- Safety in kittens less than 11 weeks old and/or cats weighing less than 1,2 kg has not been established.
- The product should not be administered at intervals shorter than 8 weeks as the safety for shorter intervals has not been tested.
- Keep the product in the original packaging until use.
- Do not have contact with the animal or allow children to have contact with the animal until the application site is dry.
- The product is highly flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames or other sources of ignition.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
For more information, please see here