SAVetshops is a group of Vetshops that have been at the forefront of the Veterinary Retail industry since 2002. The group started with Tableview Vetshop and have progressed to 6 shops in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and East London. Owned and managed by Drs Mark and Eva Middleton, both vets, they strive to be shops that combine convenient shopping with professional yet friendly environments. All the staff members are well trained and eager to help you with your pet’s requirements. Where appropriate, our two vets are available to help clients with any pet issues/ questions that they may have.
Passionate about Pets is our by-line and we live by this motto, believing that primary health care is paramount to happy, healthy pets that live to a ripe old age. Good nutrition, quality veterinary products, as well as the correct knowledge are our contributions to all our client’s pets.
Our product range includes:
- Veterinary approved diets: Hills, Royal Canin, Eukanuba, Iams, Vets-Choice, Ultradog, Vetsbrands, Acana and Orijen are the main brands we sell.
- Veterinary counter-products: Tick and flea products, de-wormers, shampoos, conditioners, supplements.
- Beds, blankets and dog jerseys.
- Grooming aids, like brushes, nail clippers and stripping combs.
- Homeopathic supplements for a variety of conditions, such as stress and skin allergies, as well as the fresh food options where available.
- A huge range of toys, training aids and pet accessories.
- Delicious treat delis.
- Leads and collars.
We have suppliers of a huge range of products, not all of which are on display in the shops. Our commitment to our customers ensures that we will endevour to source products that we do not stock.
- In-house loyalty card: Our loyalty card rewards you 2% of your purchases back onto your card. Once you redeem those points we will match 50% of your redemption and donate it to an animal welfare.
- Product loyalty programs: We promote any loyalty programs that our suppliers do, passing along any savings to our clients.
- Promotions / price increases / Specials: Where we have you on our data base, we let you know what is happening, which allows you to make the most of any cost savings that we are able to pass onto our clients.
- We support a number of welfares, both through our loyalty cards as well as partnering them for adoption days at our different centres.
- Welfare bin: During the colder months, we have a donation basket outside our stores, or in conjunction with our centre, where people donate beds, blankets, food etc.
- Direct donations: Any expiring food or products are put to good use by donating to animal welfares.
- Raffles: From time to time, each shop will run a raffle, for a fantastic product hamper, in aid of one of the local animal welfares.
Events / Community
- Community Dog shows: In the centres that allow, we hold fun dog shows where families and individuals can come and take part in fun pet-related events.
- Pet adoption days: Held in partnership with one of the locally registered animal welfare groups at the various shops, these adoption days allow the welfares to market themselves, highlight the plight of domestic animals and give the opportunity for individual animals to find good homes.
- Photo competitions, raffles, win-your-purchase and our Easter egg search are some of the interesting things that happen throughout the year.
We love to talk animal, so pop in and see us, and let us help you optimise your pet’s well-being.